Be ready for ICD-10-CM with ICD-10-CM Online Training Modules
On October 1, 2014, the ICD-9 code sets used to report medical diagnoses and inpatient procedures will be replaced by ICD-10 code sets. This is a mandatory transition as stated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
If your company provides highly-valuable, outsourced coding skills then they will need to be updated with the latest ICD code sets. Vista College India allows your employees to learn the new ICD-10-CM code set in an efficient and convenient way. Not only can your employees take our ICD-10-CM online training course, but Vista College India also has instructor-led training programs at your location.
In Vista College India’s easy-to-use online class, leading coding educator Carol J. Buck provides an introduction to ICD-10-CM coding to help employees upgrade their knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding to the new code set.
Expert insight, engaging learning modules and interactive exercises help prepare companies for the transition to ICD-10-CM. Your employees will receive a printable Certificate of Completion that enables them to provide proof of their ICD-10-CM proficiency to both their supervisors and your company’s clients.
In addition, your employees can earn up to 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC)* or up to 5 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)**.
It’s easy to sign up and get started! Just click the “Enroll Now” button to begin.Questions? Call us today! +91 44 4294 7518
New to This Edition
All ICD-10-CM codes and guidelines have been updated to the latest 2012 ICD-10-CM code set so you and your employees can practice with the most current information available.
- Your employees can earn 4 continuing education units (CEUs) from the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) or 5 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) upon successful completion (70% or higher on the final exam).
- General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files challenge your employees to locate ICD-10-CM codes and offer practice and preparation for the transition to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Interactive learning exercises with immediate feedback reinforce understanding and promote retention of key concepts.
- Critical thinking questions encourage your employees to analyze and synthesize information for more accurate coding.
- Assessment exams in every module allow you to measure your employees’ success and measure their progress in preparing for the final exam.
- Offers a flexible, online format that is adaptable to your employees’ schedules and individual learning styles.
- Certificate of Completion enables your employees to document course completion and prove their ICD-10-CM readiness to potential clients.
- Web links provide one-click access to additional resources.
ICD-10-PCS Online Training Modules, 2012 Edition, makes it easy to learn the new ICD-10-PCS code set, with or without prior knowledge of ICD-9 coding.
This convenient course contains a series of five online modules to introduce ICD-10-PCS history, design, code structure and coding guidelines. Interactive exercises are used throughout the course to build familiarity with ICD-10 manuals by asking your employees to locate codes using the new manuals.A printable Certificate of Completion will be available upon completion and passing of final exam. This certificate will enable your employees to document their course completion and prove their ICD-10-CM readiness to their supervisors and potential clients.
New to This Edition
Updated ICD-10-PCS codes reflect the latest 2012 ICD-10-PCS code set.
- Online format – with module completion typically in 30 minutes to one hour – offers maximum flexibility in learning.
- Learning activities reinforce your employees’ understanding and include immediate feedback.
- Use of general equivalency mapping (GEMS) files to locate ICD-10 codes helps your employees practice and prepare for the transition to ICD-10 coding.
- Critical thinking questions help your employees analyze and synthesize concepts.
- Assessment exams for every module help employees measure their progress and prepare for the final exam.
- Continuing education units (CEUs) may be earned after successfully completing the course and exam, including 2 CEUs from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or 4 CEUs from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certificate of Completion provides employees with documentation of their work and proof of ICD-10-PCS readiness.
- Web links supplement case studies and provide opportunities for further research and study.
- Learn to use General Equivalency Mapping (GEMs) files to locate ICD-10-PCS codes.
- Reinforce information with learning activities throughout.
- Assessment exams for every module that can be used as self-assessment mechanisms to help your employees prepare for in-class exams.
- Immediate feedback on all activities and assessments throughout the course, to reinforce effectiveness of learning and encourage subject mastery.
- Critical thinking questions that allow your employees to analyze and synthesize the modules’ concepts.
- Web links that supplement case study text and provide opportunities for further study.
- Learning objectives that help your employees focus on the key concepts for each module.
- Master the concepts of ICD-10-PCS coding in a format that works with your employees’ busy schedules.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: ICD-10-PCS History and OrganizationLesson 1: History and Design
Lesson 2: ICD-10-PCS Versus ICD-9-CM
Lesson 3: Use and Organization of ICD-10-PCS
Chapter 2: ICD-10-PCS Code Structure and DefinitionsLesson1: Body Systems
Lesson 2: Root Operations
Lesson 3: Body Parts
Lesson 4: Approaches
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 3: ICD-10-PCS Coding GuidelinesLesson 1: The Basics
Lesson 2: Body System Guidelines
Lesson 3: Root Operation Guidelines
Lesson 4: Body Part Guidelines
Lesson 5: Other Considerations
Chapter 4: Other Medical and Surgical-Related ProceduresLesson 1: Obstetrics
Lesson 2: Placement
Lesson 3: Administration
Lesson 4: Measurement and Monitoring
Lesson 5: Extracorporeal Assistance and Performance
Lesson 6: Extracorporeal Therapies
Lesson 7: Osteopathic Procedures
Lesson 8: Other Procedures
Lesson 9: Chiropractic Procedures
Chapter 5: Ancillary ProceduresLesson 1: Imaging
Lesson 2: Nuclear Medicine
Lesson 3: Radiation Oncology
Lesson 4: Physical Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Audiology
Lesson 5: Mental Health
Lesson 6: Substance Abuse Treatment
|* This program meets AAPC guidelines for 4.0 Core A CEUs with successful completion of post test for continuing education units. This program has the prior approval of AAPC for continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.|
|** This program has been approved for 5.0 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfiling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)|
Get Started by Enrolling Today!
Enroll in the Vista College India ICD-10 certification program today. It will help you and your employees get the most out of their coding skills. Our programs give you what you need to succeed as an IT professional! Contact us for any questions. You can use the form to the right of this page to get more information.
Want to pay for an essay, but have no idea which service to turn to? Take a look at our professionals and judge the person that can help you address the appropriate project